Saturday, September 25, 2010

Why I Am Supporting Tim Cahill

Something Different

Normally I write about my musical adventures in this blog. This entry is an exception. The purpose is to call attention to the Massachusetts Governor's race and especially the candidate Tim Cahill. I am supporting Tim Cahill's campaign for a number of reasons.

The Issues

When I compare the positions of the four candidates I agree more with the positions that Tim Cahill has taken. He has pledged to focus on job creation. Tim intends to be tough on immigration policy in the state. He wants us to have a strong police presence with well trained police. There are many specifics that I could mention here but I encourage you to check out Tim's website for more details on the issues.

Who Is The Middle Class Candidate?

I can identify more with Tim Cahill than I can with the other candidates. Tim grew up in a middle class home on the south shore. He is the only middle class candidate in the race.

Democrat But Not For Patrick

I have been a life long democrat but the party has reached a point where I can't agree with some of the radically liberal positions that the current Governor supports. I also can't bring myself to vote for the Governor because of his horrible performance recently with attempts to build a new gambling industry in this state. His efforts worked against a business that is close to my town employing many people in southeastern Mass, an area of the state that really is hurting and needs those jobs. I also see him as a more of a 'carpet bagger' (he is from Chicago) who sees this job as a way to bigger and better things as opposed to someone who has grown up here and truly loves this state.

Won't Vote For Charlie Baker

I can't identify with Charlie Baker. To me he seems like someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Comments he made recently in a debate were very revealing. He bragged about cutting jobs at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care like it was a badge of honor. He then went on to attack my State Senator which to me only shows that he probably wants to outsource state jobs. Outsourcing is the problem not the solution. Finally his attack ads against Tim Cahill are insulting to the intelligence of every voter. People are smart enough to know that Constitutionally Tim Cahill did not raise taxes. Saying that or strongly implying that is just plain lying. I encourage you to review the ads that the candidates have run so far and you will find that Tim Cahill's ads are truthful and have class. That is not the case for Charlie Baker's ads. At this point I think Tim Cahill would be justified to run an ad that calls attention to the fact that during a long period of time when it was Charlie Baker's responsibility to watch over "the big dig" he did nothing to detect and correct the fiasco that it ultimately became.

Green Party is Still Green

While I admire Jill Stein for her performance at the last debate I don't agree with her positions.

The Intangibles - What You Might Not Know

There are some things about Tim Cahill you might not know or think is a big deal but to me they speak to his character and qualities that we need in the statehouse. 'Back in the day' when I was in high school Tim Cahill was a coach for the wrestling team. I played football but many of my friends wrestled. I know how hard those guys practiced and worked out. That wrestling team was built on the notion of hard work and determination, individual effort and responsibility. Those traits are something that Tim Cahill has had for a long time. We need those traits in a governor. Finally I think you have to look at the fact that he is a family man who has a fine family, something that is easier said than done.

I urge you to look at all the candidates. Ask if what they are claiming is true. See who you identify with and want to be our governor. I think many of you will find that Tim Cahill is the right person for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment