Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spirit of the Twin Towers

Here is a song I wrote to remember what happened on September 11th. It is written from the perspective of 'if the buildings could talk what would they say?.' It's called The Spirit Of The Twin Towers. The song is available at Reverb Nation at the link below


Spirit Of The Twin Towers (link)
http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2877361

Spirit of the Twin Towers

I'm the spirit of the Twin Towers
Two buildings in the New York Skyline
I reached to the sky in glory
The greatest view in the city was mine

Everyday people would come to me
People from all over the country
People from all over the world you'd see
I really was the place to be

Chorus:
Remember 911 don't you ever forget
What they did to me they did to you
It's not the end of the story
We still got old glory
Fying high in red, white, and blue

Then came that September morning
I heard the terrible sound
A plane flying low right into me
Crashing all around

Flames shot out of my side in a ball
This was my place I stood tall
My insides melted from the heat
I tried not to fall

[Chorus]

Now years have past since that day
My spirit lives on in a special way
Fire fighters and heroes
Live on with me
Our country came together to memorialize
What we had seen burned into our eyes
Time may pass but no one will forget


[Chorus]

Now years have gone by since that day
Smoke has cleared, rubble cleared away
Master mind terrorist still gets to play
but I say "There should be hell to pay"

No comments:

Post a Comment