Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rest In Peace Rich Cronin



Rich Cronin passed away this week. Rich was a singer songwriter for the hit group LFO. A group that rode the top of the charts in 1999 with the hit song Summer Girls. I met Rich a few years ago when I recorded a CD at his studio. He was a super cool guy for someone who had achieved so much. Rich shared his story about how his song took off and how his life changed. He also shared about how he had got sick and learned that he had leukemia. At that time the prognosis was good. Rich worked to raise awareness of the disease and created a foundation, The Rich Cronin Hope Foundation, for that purpose. He told me something that day at the studio that I have heard so many times before and we can always be reminded of "If you have your health, you have everything."

I wrote this song Linger In The Echo after the experience of watching my wife's aunt pass away with family by her side. I am posting the song lyrics and including a player to the song today while remembering Rich.





When my time is coming to its end
When our time together is almost over my friend
The light will fade at dusk
and all the people walk away
but let the music play that day

Chorus:
There is life in the music
But at the end of the show
When the music stops
I'll linger in the echo
I won't quickly leave and go
When the music stops
I'll linger in the echo

When all the love comes back to you
All who loved you just for you
Are by your side to ease your pain
The sound of voices will be a song
They will join to make the chourus long

The reflections of happy times
Sung like verses without the rhymes
A bridge from here to there and everywhere
Memories from way back when
Will play in your mind again and again




No comments:

Post a Comment