Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Busy Weekend

JP Greer's

Last weekend was an especially busy weekend with the musical adventures. All the shows will be in this one blog. Friday night I played a show at JP Greer's in Weymouth, MA. My friend Brenda's daughter got up to sing and so did Brenda. It's makes the night more fun when people can 'get into the act.'


It was a fun time. First time that my nephew and his girl came out for a show.




The next show at JP Greer's is October 1st!


Shedfest III

Saturday during the day I played at a private musical festival called "Shedfest III." I was one of four acts during the day. The headliner act for the event was The Tokyo Tramps. Check them out online.

photo: Kosei Fukuyama

The Piccadilly Pub

Saturday night I played at The Piccadilly Pub in Randolph.


It was a fun night. One of the gents in the crowd has a music act and plays in town. He got up to do a few tunes. His wife joined him on a couple too.


It was nice to see Soupy at The Pic. I usually see Soupy at Nantasket when I am playing Daddy's beach Club.



Next show at The Piccadilly Pub is October 2nd!

Daddy's Beach Club

Sunday funday afternoon I played at Daddy's Beach Club on Nantasket Beach. My friend Dave and his wife had a front row seat for the ocean while listening to tunes.


As did my friend 'Chatty.'


The Kellys were enjoying Sunday afternoon at Daddy's with some friends.


My college friend Jay and his friend Leslie could hear that I was playing from the beach and came in for a beverage and a few tunes.



These folks requested and enjoyed a number of Irish tunes.


These gents enjoyed the Neil Young and Bob Marley tunes.


These folks wanted to hear 'The Gambler'




Back at Daddy's Beach Club every Sunday in September!


Battle of the Bands

Sunday night I played in a battle of the bands at Tinker's Son in Nowell, MA. The MC for the event was Sean James Gilmartin. Sean played some tunes to get the evening started. Each competing act then played 6 songs. I think 5 acts competed that night. I saw three of the other acts. My friend Jon's band 'Bonifide' played a killer set with a full 4 piece band. I was happy with my set and I think I got a pretty good crowd response, including a lady dancing during American Pie, always a good thing. The winner was a young man named Ryan McKeon. He played a combination of covers and some nice originals. I enjoyed his act. While I didn't win the battle that evening I did make a good impression and I will be starting the new year with a gig at Tinker's Son on January 6th.

Peace, Love, and Live Music,
-Jimmy


No comments:

Post a Comment