Sunday, April 11, 2010

St John's April 2010

Rock and Roll Diary


Last night I played a show with my friend Chrissy White at St John's Athletic Club in Fall River Ma.

The Venue

St John's Athletic Club is a member organization on Rodman Street in Fall River. They have a restaurant, big function hall and a lounge. I play in the lounge. The environment is casual and folks play pool, sometimes dance, and generally have a good time. I love the place because the folks there always make me feel welcome. They have similar tastes in music and they love classic rock. I have been playing there so long that now when I play there it is just like playing for friends. I am lucky to call many of the people there friends.

The Show

The show was good last night and we played some new tunes. A few people started dancing around the room early on in the evening. Chrissy and I each took turns doing some solo numbers. Later in the evening we went into 'mtv unplugged mode' with the two side by side chairs(photo above). We fielded lots of requests that were all over the map and we covered most of them.

Special People

I am very grateful for my friends at St John's.
























No comments:

Post a Comment