Thursday, April 8, 2010

Always Have Plan B

Rock and Roll Diary

Tonight I attended the open mic at Ricks Music World in Raynham. I got up to play and tonight I brought a couple of electronic effects with me and every intention to really rock out and play some lead guitar. Well one of the boxes failed on me. After a good dose of laughter in the room and an acknowledgement that I didn't buy the gear at Rick's I just 'punted' and played some mellow acoustic tunes. I played a straight acoustic version of She Comes from Boston by Kenny Chesney and Something in the Way She Moves by James Taylor. The moral of the story ALWAYS HAVE PLAN B ready to go :-)

Rick's has a great open mic on Thursdays. Check out Rick's Music online.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug, Jimmy! Good recovery from your equipment failure.. lol..and good advice from a rockin' road warrior. Always a pleasure to have you here.

    Rick & Robin
    Rick's Music

    ReplyDelete