Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lunchtime Music

Rock and Roll Diary

Today I gave a little musical performance during lunch hour at work. I work in high tech and some folks have been visiting from India. One has wanted to make it out to a performance at one of my shows but hasn't been able to, so I played for a group of the visitors at lunch. We have a nice area behind the building with grass, trees and a few picnic tables that was just a perfect spot on a beautiful day like today.

A coworker brought in his 12 string guitar and played along too. We have jammed with a few people during lunch hour on occasion but have gotten out of the habit lately. Hopefully we will start doing that again now.

The visiting folks from India knew Beatles tunes so I played some Beatles and they requested Hotel California. The highlight of today for me, teaching the folks from India the clapping part to The Wild Rover(No, Nay, Never). They clapped like an old pro Irish crowd. At the end of the lunch they asked to do that song again. :-)

Music makes life better :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment