Monday, April 19, 2010

First Show At JP Greer's

Rock and Roll Diary


Saturday night I played for the first time at JP Greer's in Weymouth Mass.



The Venue


JP Greer's is located on 296 Park Ave in Weymouth Mass. I had never been to the place until Saturday night and boy was it a fun night! My friend George lives near there and he said the food is awesome. I saw the list of specials and they had alot of really delicious things on special. They do have a full menu too.

Nicole was tending bar Saturday night. I have Nicole to thank for finding out about JP Greer's.




Besides a cool crowd, and delicious food, JP Greer's also has beautiful and friendly people working there. :-)




The Show


It was a solo show Saturday night and I played most of my usual party tunes. I fielded a request for a Jimi Hendrix version of a Bob Dylan tune early on in the night and played All Along The Watch Tower. When my friends Jimmy and Brenda came in with a group I had to do a few tunes over for good measure. There were no complaints, folks really enjoyed the tunes. :-)

It was a banner night for guest performances!

Leanne got up and sang an AWESOME version of Landslide by request. She also sang Wonderwall by Oasis. I don't have a picture of Leanne singing on Saturday night so I am including a pic of her playing ukelele (shortly after this pic was taken she played it behind her head). :-)



Gina sang a killer version of White Rabbit and then followed it up by singing The Who's Pinball Wizard. I had never met Gina bfore. I was very impressed with her singing.



Brittany got up and sang two tunes too. She sang Hey There Delilah and Jason Mraz's I'm Yours. Brittany has a lovely voice. I was really impressed by all three of the ladys who got up to sing a song. Everybody in the place loved it.



Special People

Knowing that you have friends and supporters in the crowd when you are playing a new place makes it easier. I wish had pictures of everyone but here are a few pics of some awesome people.






Stay Tuned!
It was a blast playing at JP Greer's! I can't wait to play there again. Stay tuned for the next show at JP Greer's!

No comments:

Post a Comment