Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chubby's November 2010



In November I had my second gig at Chubby's Bar and Grill in North Providence. Chubby's is a great place to hang out, get something to eat and listen to some live music. I like the folks who hang out there. Check it out online at the place page for Chubby's.

It was a special occasion as this evening I met Jess in person for the first time. She is a cancer survivor and the inspiration behind the song Hope Rains Down. If you were one of the people who got a copy of the A Better Day CD the song is on there.

We have a mutual friend Jenn (She's An Ass Kicker) and we have been online friends for sometime. The idea behind the song about Jess came from the design of her my space page. When you visited her page the word hope would appear all over it and then fall down the page like rain.


It was great to finally meet Jess. She brought a crew with her and we had a lot of fun. Jess even got up and sang a couple songs. It was a blast.


A double bonus for the night was that my ultra cool friend Donna was able to come by to listen to the tunes. It was great to get to see and hang out with Donna for a while. We met years ago when I played in a cover band that played a gig at Shooters in Providence.



The people at Chubby's are great!



Really looking forward to my next gig at Chubby's.



Back at Chubby's on December 11th!

No comments:

Post a Comment