Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bandapalooza 2010

Last Sunday I played at a great event at Daddy's Beach Club, Nantasket Beach. It was Bandapalooza 2010. I was fortunate to play a lot at Daddy's Beach Club this Summer. They invited all the folks who played at Dadddy's during the summer to come down and have free pizza and have a impromptu jam session. I got there in the late afternoon. It was an all day all night event.

It was great because I got to play a short solo set for the other band folks who were there.



Then I was joined by some other musicians including Darryl Hill and Mark Shom for a set with me singing with a backing band. After that other folks got took the stage and I played rhythm with a borrowed electric guitar.


There were some really great performers.


There was harp player.


There was a blues focus with a lot of the jam and I got to sing and play one of my originals "You Are My Everything" a blues tune. People danced, its awesome to see someone dance to an original. :-)


People got up from the crowd to get into the act too. Something I love.



This guys name was Manny. He sang a Hendrix tune.



and a song called Mojo.


An added bonus was that I got to see and hang out for a while with my friends Wendy and Tracey. Wendy told me she had listened to me play a bunch of times this summer because you could hear the music on the beach. I played mostly on Sunday afternoons.

:-)



If you haven't checked out Daddy's Beach Club on Nantasket beach, do it!

Here's a promo video...




It was a blast. Hoping to play at Daddy's Beach Club again next Summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment