Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jimmy and The Two Mikes at O'Toole's



Friday night I played at O'Toole's in Whitman Mass. The show was a band gig billed as Jimmy and The Two Mikes. The Two Mikes are Mike Shea on drums and Mike McHugh on bass guitar. We were very fortunate for this show to also feature an amazing guitar player, my friend Evan Dennis. Evan plays for the band The 16th Graders. If you get a chance to see that band I highly recommend it.


Besides watching Evan rip up amazing guitar riffs on his stratocastor probably the highlight of the night for me was when my friends Jeff and Cindy joined in for a tune with Jeff singing and Cindy playing her 'green tamborine.' There was alot of great rock and roll energy in the house.




In between sets a new acoustic band called Sidebar played a nice set of songs. Sidebar is a three piece band, my friends Becky, Tricia, and Walt. I had the pleasure to join them for one song.


Becky is in the pic below holding a sign that Mike Shea's toddler drew for the occasion. Mike put it in the drumset bass drum during Sidebar's performance.


My friend Paul Keenan is not just an accomplished comedian he is also a good drummer and he played songs both groups during the evening.


There were also guest performance by my friend Steve Kailher who sang Cat's in The Cradle. Steve's friend Chris sang and did a great song accompanied just by a percussion session. My friend Sven played harmonica on the song Shanty.

We really had alot of fun playing at O'Toole's.


There was a good crowd too. Alot of nice folks were there for the tunes. Here are pics of some of the folks who were there Friday night.















Next show at O'Toole's is September 24th


















No comments:

Post a Comment