Sunday, July 25, 2010

Daddy's Beach Club - July 24th


Saturday afternoon I played at Daddy's Beach Club at Nantasket Beach. The weather man had predicted showers but it was nice down there. I took a walk along the beach before my gig.


Daddy's Beach Club is a great place for a bunch of reasons. One thing I like about playing at Daddy's especially in the afternoon is that it is a family friendly environment. My friend Dave brought his family to Daddy's for lunch. I hadn't seen Dave in years.



There are a lot of people who bring kids in to Daddy's. These guys requested Elvis and American Pie.




My friend 'Bunky' stopped in for a couple tunes in the afternoon. I played football with Bunky. He looks like he could still play the game today.



My friends Jay and Leslie were in the area and saw a sign that I was playing so they stopped in. I was classmates in college with Jay. Jay is a Led Zep fan.




It was a nice coincidence that a number of friends who came to the show on Saturday were from Houghs Neck. My friends Sue and Ron were there. They were celebrating one month of marriage. Ron is a big America fan so I played some America tunes. I also played a song that Eva Cassidy covered because Sue likes her music.



My friends Robin and Marie took a break from the beach to visit Daddy's Beach Club.




The ladies had front row seats for the Atlantic ocean. There is a beautiful view there.




There is something therapeutic about looking out at the ocean.


My friends Mel and Jackie came out for the tunes with a couple friends!


There was a decent crowd as the afternoon went on. I got some nice feedback from people who I met there. Here are a couple more pics.








All the folks at Daddy's Beach Club are great.







\


I will be playing there every Sunday in August from 2-6PM! This is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon this summer! Enjoy the ocean AND DADDY'S BEACH CLUB!



No comments:

Post a Comment