Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Legally Blonde

Rock and Roll Diary

July 22nd I played a show at TKO Shea's in Rockland.  TKO's is a fun place that is conveniently located about a half mile off the highway of RT 3.

Sometimes during a performance at a venue that serves meals there can be an exodus.  Many times people tell me "we came for dinner and didn't expect to stay all night," and I love to hear that but I realize that some folks have places to go or are not late owls or just don't like music in general.  If I am bringing my best then I never take this exodus personally.  I have also learned to never give up on an evening because of the size or reception of a crowd at any given point in time.  I have learned through experience that a low key night can turn into a really fun night just by a couple of the right people walking in the door.  People who are interested in having a good time.  Well this performance was going that way.  A small crowd swindled right at the time I was about to start.  But things were about to change.


Later in the evening many of the cast of a production of Legally Blond The Musical walked in the place.  They were coming from a practice. When I started singing an Ed Sheeran tune they all began to sing along on the other side of the bar.  I stopped the song and invited them all to join me at the mic and they took the mic and gave some amazing vocal performances.  Throughout most of the rest of the evening different cast members took turns singing songs while I played.  It was a really great night.

My next performance at TKO Shea's is August 5th!

No comments:

Post a Comment