Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Finishing July 2016 Strong

Rock and Roll Diary

The last shows of July were really fun and I felt like I finished the month firing on all cylinders and hitting all the right notes.


Sand Dollar Bar July 24, 2016

The July 24th show at the Sand Dollar Bar was a blast.  The Sand Dollar Bar is the best bar on the Cape and I have been fortunate to have a weekly summertime engagement there for the last 5 years. This show was destined to be a good time because friends were in the crowd that know how to have fun.  Later in the evening the crowd waned but I was so happy when I saw some folks re-enter the place later and become really engaged in the show.  A lady told me that she and her friends had bar hopped to another place and they liked my music better than the music at the other bar.  That put a smile on my face.


Daddy's Beach Club July 25, 2016


The last solo show at Daddy's Beach Club in July was an awesome day at Nantasket Beach.   A bunch of friends came out for the show including some friends I only get to see once or twice a year. I also got to meet my friend Sarah's new son!

Damien's Pub July 2016

The end of July included a show at Damien's Pub the King of Bars. Damien's in Hanson has the 'best pizza and coldest beer in town.'   This show was also a reunion of sorts because I got to see some fan club VIPs that I hadn't seen in a long time. Seeing friends at shows is the best.
Crescendo at The Sand Dollar 


The last show of the month was at The Sand Dollar Bar on July 31st and it was an amazing night.  I played a marathon performance from 5 PM to midnight and had a great response from the crowd.


Once again there were folks that I love in the crowd I hadn't seen in a while.  Some were visiting from out of state.


Others got into the act and sang of played the tambourine.  So fun!

Here is a video montage of pics along with a recording of a clip of a song from the performance. The video includes a nice bit of spontaneous applause at the end of the 'behind my head' guitar solo. 


Music made life better in July! 



No comments:

Post a Comment