Sunday, February 26, 2012

January 2012

Rock and Roll Diary

Chubby's Bar

The first gig of the year was at Chubby's Bar in North Providence, RI.


I enjoy playing at Chubby's Bar and have met some really great folks there.  I am glad to have bookings throughout the year at Chubby's Bar in 2012.  Here is a link to Chubby's Bar on the map.

More pics from the January show at Chubby's Bar are online here.

Damien's Pub

I had a really fun show at Damien's Pub in Hanson in January.


My friend Mark came out for the show with his buds Tom and Bob along with the ladies.  Mark has a great Karaoke act and is also the bass player for a killer band called Tomato Jonez.  If you get a change to check them out do it.  They play at Damien's and other venues that I play at.  It was great to see Mark at a gig because I know how busy he is with his own music.  Great to see Tommy and Bob and the ladies too because we have had a lot of fun nights at Damien's Pub.  Mark got up and did a great rendition of Sweet Caroline.   A bunch of friends came out for this show.  Really fun times at Damien's Pub.  They have the best pizza in town and the coldest beer. More pics from the night are online here.

Sunday Funday at Hajjar's

I was lucky to land a Sunday evening gig at Hajjar's in Weymouth.  I have had some fun nights there. There is a fun group of folks who hang there on Sunday evenings and Hajjar's is a place where people love to dance.




The second half of January was one big birthday celebration!



Fat Cactus (Lynnfield)

There was a scheduling mix up in January.  I thought I was booked at The Fat Cactus in Randolph when really I was booked at The Fat Cactus in Lynnfield.  To my surprise when I finally got set up in Lynnfield a bunch of friends walked in and it turned into a surprise birthday party.  My friend Dennis did the honors of playing the guitar and leading the place in the Happy Birthday song.




Cappy's Tavern

I played a fun Sunday night gig at Cappy's Tavern in the Hyde Park section of Boston, Mass.


I have just started playing at Cappy's Tavern recently and I really like the place.  I have some weekend gigs booked there later in the year.




KC's Pub

I played a fun gig at KC's Pub in Weymouth, Mass.


KC's is on RT 53.  It is a little bit hidden and back from the road.  Here it is on the map.


KC's is a cool place to hang out for a bite to eat and a drink.  


I play there once a month.



Red Rose Cafe


I played a gig with my friend Chrissy White at The Red Rose Cafe in Weymouth, Mass.  


Chrissy sings and plays a mean flute.


It was a great gig.


A very fun night.




Fore River Grille

I played a Thursday night gig at The Fore River Grill in North Weymouth, Mass.


This was my first time playing at this venue under the new ownership.  They did a great job remaking the place.  Hoping for some more gigs at The Fore River Grille.


Swan Song at The Chateau

I played my last gig at The Chateau (Stoughton) in January.  They have decided to discontinue the live music.  I appreciate that I had the chance to play at The Chateau while they were having music.


I enjoyed playing there and especially the great folks I met there.  


I will miss them.



McGuiggan's Pub

I had a great gig at McGuiggan's Pub in Whitman in January.


Folks danced and it was a really fun night.


I also was surprised to receive an awesome gift from my friends that night.  A tee-shirt with a guitar and one of my mottos on it 'Music Makes Life Better' and on the back it says "I Love My Job' :-)



Sunday Funday at O'Toole's

The last show of the month was at O'Toole's Pub.


This was my first time playing a Sunday evening gig at O'Toole's. It went great!


O'Toole's is on Raynor Ave in Whitman Mass.  Fun times at O'Toole's!










No comments:

Post a Comment