Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Year Ahead

Rock and Roll Diary





The Year Ahead

After reflecting on the year that has passed it is good to look ahead and set some goals.

Birthday Weekend

I will be celebrating my birthday in January at two shows in Weymouth Mass.  The shows are at KC's Pub on Friday Jan 20th and The Red Rose Cafe on Jan 21st.

One Thousand Shows

I don't have a specific date when I will hit the one thousand show mark but I have roughly figured based on past shows and current bookings that it will be in December of 2012.  Looking for ideas for how to best observe that milestone.

Booked 

Much of the year ahead has already been booked.  I have shows scheduled at a lot of fun venues.  See the map...


View A Map Of Where Jimmy Plays in a larger map

St Patrick's Day





I will be playing in Whtiman Mass on St Patrick's Day.  An early evening show is scheduled at O'Toole's on Raynor Ave.  Later in the evening I will be playing at McGuiggan's Pub.

Cinco De Mayo

Looking forward to having a fun Cinco De Mayo show this year at The Fat Cactus in Randolph.



Summer

Looking forward to another great summer this year.  I am scheduled to play again Saturday afternoon's at Daddy's Beach Club at Nantasket Beach.  I also have some Sunday afternoon shows planned for The Fat Cactus on RT 1 (Saugus/Lynfield).  They have an awesome open air patio that will be great for performing.


Also hoping that things work out to play again down the Cape this summer at The Sand Dollar Bar.


Other Goals

It's been a while since I have released a CD. My goal is to record two CD's this year.  The first one I want to produce will be traditional Irish music.  The goal is to have this ready for St Patty's Day.  The other CD will be a new all original CD and I hope to release it this Fall.  The goal is also to get some videos put together to help promote some of the songs.

There is a charitable cause that I hope to help out by organizing a benefit show this year.  Stay tuned for more info on that.

Here's to a year full of live music!  Music makes life better!

Peace, Love, and Live Music,
-Jimmy



No comments:

Post a Comment