Saturday, January 14, 2012

Looking Back At 2011

Rock and Roll Diary

Looking Back

In retrospect 2011 was an amazing year of making music and good times.  I am fortunate for all the opportunities to make music and entertain folks.  So many good times were had.  I played over 150 shows.  There were so many memorable moments.  This blog is just a sampling of the shows I played at public events.  There were some awesome private occasions too in 2011.

First Show

The first show of the year was at Damien's Pub.


I love playing at Damien's.



I was able to play there the night my friend Kathy celebrated her birthday.


More shows throughout 2012 scheduled at Damien's!

A Great Birthday Celebration

I celebrated my birthday playing music at McGuiggan's Pub in Whitman.  It was a great night.  I really felt celebrated.



More shows scheduled at McGuiggan's in 2012.

Live On FM Radio

I had a couple live appearances on the FM radio in 2011.  One performance  at The Tinker's Son in Norwell was broadcast on WATD 95.9 FM.



St Patrick's Day

One of my favorite shows of the year is when I play on St Patrick's Day.



Everyone is Irish on St Patty's.  In 2011 I played at O'Toole's Pub in Whitman.   More shows booked at O'Toole's in Whitman in 2012!

When One Door Closes...

Said farewell to a great venue in 2011.  There were some legendary sing a longs at the Piccadilly Pub in Randolph.  I met a bunch of awesome people there.



One show was a informal reunion of some Braintree High School kids.  I have had a lot of fun with them since meeting them at The Pic.


Thankfully the friendships made there are lasting longer than the venue did.  When one door closes another one opens.  I am now performing at both Fat Cactus locations as a result of having played at 'The Pic.'


The last show there was in April.



Awesome Summer

Summer is a great time for music and the summer of 2011 had a lot of great times.


 I played a number of times at Daddy's Beach Club at Nantasket Beach.


I played during the afternoon and early evening.


Daddy's is right at the beach and has a great view of the ocean.


You can eat, drink, listen to tunes and take in the sights all at the same time.  Scheduled to play Saturday afternoons at Daddy's Beach Club in 2012.


Fun Times on Cape Cod


Made my first foray into playing on Cape Cod in 2011.


I had a weekly engagement at The Sand Dollar Bar in Dennisport MA.



This included a fantastic July 4th performance.  



Another new thing was the billing at The Sand Dollar Bar was a country night.



Hoping to return to play at The Sand Dollar Bar in 2012.

Wedding in Newport

I played for a nice wedding ceremony in Newport RI along with my friend Dean Plowman.



KC's Pub


I played regularly at KC's Pub in Weymouth Mass during 2011 and had a lot of fun times.


I have more gigs scheduled in 2012 at KC's Pub.


I will be playing there once a month in 2012.



I Knew If I Had My Chance I Could Make Those People Dance

Its really great when folks dance especially when performing with just a solo acoustic act.  I am thankful for all the people who 'chose to dance' in 2011.



Chubby's Bar

My musical adventures brought me to North Providence RI a number of times in 2011.  I play at a fun place called Chubby's Bar.  More shows booked at Chubby's in 2012.


I played at Chubby's for a fun Halloween party in 2011.




St John's Athletic Club

I played regularly in Fall River Mass in 2011 at St John's Athletic Club.  People get up and sing along and they request great classic rock songs there.  I always feel among friends when I play there.


More shows scheduled for 2012 at St John's Athletic Club.

The Chateau 

Started playing at a couple new venues in 2011.  One was The Chateau in Stoughton, Mass.  Its a dinner crowd at the beginning of the evening so I usually play mellow tunes at first.  Later in the night I can 'let my hair down.' :-)


Some shows scheduled in 2012 at The Chateau!

Cappy's Tavern

Another new venue for me was Cappy's Tavern in Hyde Park, Boston.  More gigs booked in 2012 at Cappy's.



The Red Rose Cafe

Another new venue for me in 2011 was the Red Rose Cafe in Weymouth.


I played there for Halloween weekend.  More shows planned at The Red Rose Cafe in 2012.

Fat Cactus (Randolph and Lynnfield)


I started playing at the Fat Cactus in Randolph and in Lynnfield (on RT1 just north of Saugus)


Looking forward to more fun times at the Fat Cactus in both locations in 2012.

Paddy Barry's

I played a couple fun gigs at the greatest little pub in the world, Paddy Barry's in Quincy Mass.


Chilihead BBQ

I played a couple of fun gigs at The Chilihead BBQ in West Bridgewater.  A couple of shows are booked for the Summer at Chilihead BBQ.



Steve's Backstage Pass

I did a Wednesday night acoustic series show at Steve's Backstage Pass in Taunton, Mass.



Sunday Funday at Hajjar's

I was fortunate to be able to play some Sunday evening shows at Hajjar's in Weymouth Mass in 2011.  One of the most memorable moments of the year was at a 'Sunday Funday' at Hajjar's.  I was playing the volcano song and folks started a conga line.  Before long everyone was in the line.  Then I noticed the bar tender run and get in the line.  So I sampled a verse and chorus of the song AND I GOT IN THE LINE TOO! :-)


I was lucky to have my friend Chrissy White play flute and sing with me at one of the Sunday fundays.


Stay tuned for more Sunday fundays at Hajjar's and other venues in 2012

Slap Shotz

I played a number of times at Slap Shotz in Avon Mass.


Some awesome times at Slapshotz.  I had the great pleasure to perform for my friend Kim's birthday there.


More shows booked at Slapshotz in 2012.

JP Greer's


I played a number of fun shows at JP Greer's in Weymouth Mass.


I had some really fun nights there in 2011.


Stepping Stones


I played a few shows at Stepping Stones in Carver Mass.


Stepping Stones is a hidden jewel of a bar.  


Definitely some fun times at Stepping Stones in 2011.

Flat Iron Cafe

I a played a few shows at The Flat Iron Cafe in Middleboro at the beginning of the year.





Quincy Elks


In June I played a show at the Quincy Elks.


Louis Crossing


I played at Louis Crossing a number of times in 2011.


Louis Crossing is in Houghs Neck, Quincy.

Four Square


I played a really fun show at Four Square in Braintree/Weymouth.


Chili-fest at The Commonwealth


I played for the annual chili-fest at The Commonwealth in Quincy Mass.  I played the event along with my friend Mike Shea,


I like when I get the chance to play shows in Quincy.



In Memoriam


As I reflect on the year one sad note was the passing of my friend Ronnie.  I had the pleasure of his company along with his dear wife Sue and friends at many shows during the year.  Ronnie's years were cut way too short and he is missed.  He exemplified to me that saying that you want to live each day to its fullest.  I admired Ronnie most because he achieved something that many people never do, a loving relationship that is eternal.

Thank You

Thank you to everyone who came out to shows during the year to enjoy some live music and have some fun.  You are the reason I am able to play so many places and be a part of so many good times.

Peace, Love and Live Music,
-Jimmy






No comments:

Post a Comment