Sunday, August 7, 2011

Non Stop Summer Fun In July



What a great summer. It was non-stop fun in July. There were private parties and shows. This blog has some of the show highlights for the month.

Fourth of July Weekend

O'Toole's

The holiday weekend kicked off with a show at O'Toole's in Whitman Mass.



It was a great way to start the weekend.



I was glad to see friends at the show.



I had a lot of fun playing that night.



It was really nice to see some folks I hadn't seen in a while.



I love playing there.


Definitely good times at O'Toole's. I love my job.

Daddy's Beach Club

During the day on Saturday I played at Daddy's Beach Club at Nantasket Beach.



It was great to see my friends Ross and Sharon that day.



Daddy's is a great place for pizza and beer when you are at Nantasket Beach.



It's family friendly during the day when I play there and bathers are welcome.

Saturday evening I played for some friends at a house party in Weymouth. They had a feast and some crazy fireworks. Sunday evening I played for some friends at a family party right on the water in Quincy Bay. A nice bonfire and more fireworks while singing Proud To Be An American was surreal. Two marathon performances and both were great parties.

July 4th at The Sand Dollar Bar



On the holiday I played at The Sand Dollar Bar in Dennisport.



The place was hopping.



I met some nice folks. A lot of people I meet there are vacationing and from other parts of the country.



It was a great Fourth of July at The Sand Dollar Bar!

A New Venue!
Debut at Nocera's

In July I had my first show at a new venue for me, Nocera's in Stoughton Mass.



Nocera's is a nice Italian place that is part of the Chateau family of restaurants. I was glad Nancy and Ken could be there that night.



My friend Maureen and her daughter stopped in for a couple tunes.



My better half made a rare appearance at Nocera's with her friends and my friend Dennis came out for the tunes that night.



My friends Sue, Ron, Connie and many of the ladies from the Smith clan came out for the tunes that night.

Looking forward to more shows at Nocera's!

Lots of Fun Shows!

Garretapalooza



My friend Garret has an awesome cookout once a year. This year I played a set with another guitarist named Sonny. It was an impromptu jam with people getting into the act when they wanted to play or sing.

Round II at The Sand Dollar Bar



The second show at The Sand Dollar Bar went great.



I had a chance to see the local beach. It is beautiful.



There are always 'happy campers' there.

McGuiggan's

McGuiggan's is a nice Irish place in the center of Whitman Mass.



I played there in July and I had the pleasure of meeting my friend Ericka's Dad at the show.



It was a fun night.



Some dear friends came to the show. My friend Jackie was there. I played at Jackie and Tykie's for an awesome party in July. Normally its a fire-pit party but this year it was more of a pool party.



I played some Sublime and Steve Miller for my friend Charlene. :-)



My friends Ericka, Fran and Dennis.



Dave and Kim were there with Kim's Dad and Jackie and Tykie.

I recorded a version of The Drunken Nights that evening.

St John's Athletic Club


I had a fun night entertaining the good folks at St John's Athletic Club in Fall River Mass in July. It's been a few years that I have been playing there and I still look forward to every performance.

Daddy's Beach Club Round II


My 2nd appearance at Daddy's Beach Club at Nantasket Beach in July was fun. It was great to see friends that day. My friend Lynnee was at the beach that day and stopped in for a couple of tunes.



My friends Nicole and Michelle stopped in later in the day and danced.



My friends Jay and Leslie came by too.



Some ladies from my hometown neighborhood came out for the tunes.

Round III at The Sand Dollar Bar



I had the nicest surprise at The Sand Dollar Bar in July when Tommy from O'Toole's walked in the door with his wife Michelle and friends.



It was awesome!



I played some Irish tunes for them.



It is a 'country night' gig at The Sand Dollar Bar. I have met nice folks there each week.

Louis Crossing

I had a home town show in July at Louis Crossing in the Houghs Neck section of Quincy Mass.


My friend Sarah came to the show with her nephew.


My friend Karen and her husband David came out to have dinner at Louis and she sang a nice mini set of Fleetwood Mac tunes with me.


My friend Joe was there with a friend and his wife. Not sure when the next show will be at Louis Crossing.

Damien's

Damien's is on RT 58 in Hanson and they have the best pizza and coldest beer in town.



I love playing at Damien's!


My daughter came out for the tunes and her boyfriend got up to sing in a singing contest (American Pie). :-)




My friend Brenda was catching up with her friend Alyce that night.



My friend Kristine and Eddie made it to the show that night. They threw an awesome party in July and I had the pleasure of playing some tunes for it.



It was a fun night at Damien's.

I also played a great graduation party for the son of one of the waitresses at Damien's in July. It was a great party. The nice thing was that both young and old everyone had fun at it.

Sunday Funday at Hajjar's

Every fourth Sunday of the month I play at Hajjar's in Weymouth Mass.



In July my friend Chrissy White joined me for a set!



Tracey and Wendy and friends came out for the tunes in July. Its awesome to see friends coming out for a show on a Sunday night. I am lucky to have some great friends who come out for the Sunday nights at Hajjar's! They know who they are.

Round IV at The Sand Dollar Bar



It's always a fun loving crowd at The Sand Dollar Bar. Most folks are just starting vacation. At this last show there was a lady there who was cheering louder than me PA. :-)


My son's friend came to the show with her sister and her sister sang an awesome rendition of Me and Bobbie McGee.



If you are on the Cape in August come over to the Sand Dollar Bar for some Monday night tunes.

The last show of the month I had the privilege of playing for my childhood friend Michelle's birthday party. I played for the party but I also sort of DJ-ed too. I put together a playlist of dance tunes and played them for a while. It was the first time I had tried that. The PA sounded good and people danced. Both Michelle and her niece sang a song at the party. It was a fun.

All in all July was a great month of fun and music.

Music definitely makes life better!



Peace, Love and Live Music!
-Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment