Sunday, April 3, 2011

St Patty's 2011 at O'Toole's in Whitman


On St Patty's Day I played at O'Toole's in Whitman Mass.



I was glad to see friends show up for the special occasion. There was a good crowd and the place was in the full spirit of the holiday. I was scheduled to play from 6PM to 9PM.


When I play on St Patty's I mix Irish tunes with other party music that I play in my regular act. This year I learned a bunch of new Irish tunes. This was the first St Patty's Day that I didn't get requests to play more Irish tunes. :-) I was glad to see my friend Francis made it to the show because I know he really likes and requests Irish tunes.


I love playing at O'Toole's.



The folks there really know how to have fun.



During the evening a lady named Margaret shown in the center in the picture below asked if I could play an Irish jig so that she could do some step dancing.


So I played an instrumental of Shipping Up To Boston.


She danced up a storm. The crowd loved it.


During the evening I had to chance to give out free gifts to people in the crowd courtesy of O'Toole's.


The scally cap I am wearing in the pictures was a gift from O'Toole's.


O'Toole's has an outdoor section for folks who want to have a smoke.


There were a lot of happy campers at O'Toole's that night.


More pictures from that night are online here.

Later in the night folks danced during a bunch of songs. It was a blast. I actually ended up going over my scheduled playing time.



Later in the evening DJ Tony kept the party going into the night.


I really appreciate that O'Toole's gave me the nod to entertain the folks there this year for St Patty's Day.


Really looking forward to the next show at O'Toole's.


Next show at O'Toole's is May 27th.


No comments:

Post a Comment