Saturday, April 2, 2011

March 2011

March was a busy month of performances. There were a lot of fun times. Friends celebrated birthdays. The schedule had shows at some 'new' venues. Folks made guest appearances at shows. This month was the debut of Sunday Funday's at Hajjar's (every 4th Sunday). There is a separate blog for St Patty's Day.

Slap Shotz



The first performance in March I hosted an open mic at Slap Shotz on RT 28 in Avon.

Elks in Weymouth

The first weekend of the month I played at a benefit at the Elks in Weymouth. The same night my friend Sue was celebrating her birthday. It worked out that I was able to play a set at the end of her birthday party. What a bash.




McGuiggan's Pub

The next night I played at McGuiggan's Pub in Whitman. My friend Christine was celebrating her birthday that night.



It was a great night for seeing friends.



Friends from my home town.


New found friends.


Friend who I often see at another venue :-)


Friends who made a trek to get to the show.


Beautiful friends.


and I took one of the best 'before and after' pictures I ever took thanks to some new friends.





Hajjar's (First show)



It had been 4 or 5 years since I played at Hajjar's and this was my first time playing there solo.


The night went well.


Sunday evening is a different atmosphere than Saturday night.


There were nice folks there.



And people I hadn't seen in long time.



Wendy got up and sang a tune. She was awesome.


Slap Shotz

March was a debut performance at a new venue Slap Shotz on RT 28 in Avon.




I played the show in a duet with my friend Mike Shea.


Stormy Thorson and friends showed up later in the evening.



Mike Shea played the Congas.


Stormy Thorson played a few tunes on the guitar and sang.


The folks at Slap Shotz are great.




Kim and Keith were there with friends.

My friend Melissa was there and she showed my friend Deb how to line dance.


Sherri was there too with Deb.


Stormy's friends were in the house.




Peggy and Bob are fellow performers and they came out for the tunes.


My friends Fred and Gail came out for some tunes. It was great to see them.


It was a great night at Slap Shotz.

Next feature at Slap Shotz is April 22nd.





The Flat Iron Cafe

I had a show at the Flat Iron Cafe in Middleboro in March.


My friend Russ came out for some tunes.


The Flat Iron has great food and they serve beer and wine.


Damien's

Had a gig at Damien's in March! Damien's is on RT 58 in Hanson.



I love playing at Damien's.



My favorite Bon Jovi back up singer was in the house.


Renee and Ericka were beer bottle unicorns.


Dennis was off duty and visiting from the service. Dan was there.



My friend Patti's brother Steve and Sharon were there with friends.

There was a great group of folks there that night.

I am back at Damien's on May 2oth!

The Piccadilly Pub in Randolph (first show)

There were two shows at 'The Pic.'



Both nights were a blast.


The newlyweds were there!


My friend Michelle's sisters were there and one was visiting from down south. I dedicated She Comes From Boston for her.

Opened the evening with some David Gray for Connie.





Chubby's in North Providence

I had a fun Friday night show at Chubby's this month.




Back at Chubby's in the summer!

The Piccadilly Pub in Randolph (second show)


Ann Marie sang Landslide.

The shows at 'The Pic' have been so much fun.


Erin, Ryan, Art, and Nicole came out for dinner and tunes.


Sarah sang too!


Played a bunch of Seger for my friend Tracey.


Next show at The Piccadilly Pub is April 23rd.


Hajjar's (second show)

The last show in March was my second appearance at Hajjar's.



Mike Shea accompanied me for the first part of the evening.



Folks enjoyed the Irish tunes.


It was great to see friends at the show.






Next show at Hajjar's is Easter night. Music starts at 7PM.



No comments:

Post a Comment