Wednesday, June 29, 2016

First Half of 2016

With the first half of 2016 nearing completion I am trying to bring the blog page up to date.  I hope to start making more frequent entries as the summer progresses.

First Show of the Year - Damien's


The first show of the year was on New Year's Day at Damien's Pub.

Paddy Barry's


I had a few really fun shows at Paddy Barry's in Quincy.


Saint Patrick's Day


This year's St Patrick's Day shenanigans were fun filled.

I had the pleasure to play two fantastic private parties during the weekend and on the high holiday itself had a great time at The Red Rose Cafe in Weymouth.

TKO Shea's




I had some fun shows at TKO Shea's in the land of rock,  Rockland including a show that helped celebrate my friend Kate's birthday!  She and her husband Ross make up The Merrill's and they got up and performed for a while at the show,

TKO Malley's


TKO Malley's in beautiful Scituate Harbor was the scene for a few fun shows this year.

McGuiggan's Pub


I played a number of fun shows at McGuiggan's Pub in Whitman, MA.


JP Ryan's




This year I have been lucky to play an occasional Wednesday evening at a nice pub in Abington called JP Ryan's Tavern.

Red Stone Grill



North Attleboro has an awesome venue called The Red Stone Grill,  I have had a number of fun shows at The Red Stone.



St John's Athletic Club



I have been playing at St John's Athletic Club for a decade!  St John's is a member organization in Fall River Mass and is open to the public.  The folk's there love classic rock and know how to have a good time.

The Lodge


The Lodge in Randolph is a great place to play.  I have had some great shows there this year.



Cornerstones


Cornerstones is a nice place to go in Carver Mass.  I had a couple shows there this year.   I really enjoy playing there and have some shows scheduled in the Fall.

New Group - Spyglass

A new group has formed and we will go by the name Spyglass.  The group members are Vince Van Joolen on Bass, Beverly Van Joolen Vocals and Percussion, Gary Wallrapp on Drums and myself on Guitar and Vocals.  We had our first performance at The Lodge in Randolph and recently had a second show at Daddy's Beach Club.

    Spyglass at The Lodge

   Spyglass at Daddy's Beach Club

This year I discovered that Hull is a lot longer than the end of Nantasket beach.  In fact if you travel there you will see some amazing views of Boston across the water.  I owe this discovery to playing at a new venue  Jo's Nautical Bar.  I have had a couple fun outings at Jo's with more on the calendar!


Summer Fun Continues

I am very fortunate to have played are some really fun venues the last several summers.

Daddy's Beach Club


This marks the 6th straight summer at Daddy's Beach Club on Nantasket Beach.  I play tunes there every Saturday afternoon from 3 PM to 7 PM.  Daddy's is the place to be when you are at Nantasket Beach.  Great pizza, libations, live music and always a lot of fun!

The Sand Dollar Bar 


This mark's the 5th straight summer at The Sand Dollar Bar in Dennisport on Cape Cod.   I play tunes there every Sunday evening starting at 5 PM.  The Sand Dollar is the Best Bar On Cape Cod!


Till next time remember...

Music makes life better!

POSTSCRIPT:  My friend Pete from St John's Club suggested this photo should be added to the blog.








No comments:

Post a Comment