Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rocking It Out Of The Park For Autism

Last night I played a set at a charity event in Hanson Mass. It was the first Annual (Knocking it out of the park/Rockin it out of the park) combination softball tournament and live music party to raise money for and awareness of Autism. I met some really nice people at the event. You may know what Autism is but if you haven't seen the stats recently you should check out this web site. I want to thank the organizer of the event my friend Steve Kailher for inviting me to be a part of it.

My friend Cheryl who sings with the band Say What was there and she joined me to sing a tune. She sang an awesome rendition of Bobbie Magee (ala Janis Joplin style). Cheryl has an amazing voice. You can check out Cheryl's band on facebook.



After my set the band Right Turn Clyde rocked the place for the rest of the night. These guys were great. You can check them out online at the band's website.


It was a busy day yesterday. I also played for my friend's wedding during the day. Today I am playing for a friend's BBQ.

Next weekend I have one public appearance. I will be playing Friday July 2nd at Louis' Crossing in the Houghs Neck section of Quincy Mass.

Here is some review info for Louis' Crossing.


Other upcoming shows are at my web page http://www.jimmypeters.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment